Heat Source Outputs & Cost Per Unit
- Heat Pump – three phase 21Kw based on 45° Water Flow Temp & 7° Day:$0.2601 per KW
- Natural Gas Boiler – condensing 30Kw: $0.0223 per MJ
- LPG Boiler – condensing 30Kw: $1.23 per Litre
- Diesel Boiler – 26Kw : $1.18 per Litre
- Wood Pellet Boiler – 22Kw: $0.52 per KG
- Electric Boiler – Three phase 24Kw: $0.2601 per KW
Running Cost Calculation Example – Wood Pellet
- To receive the required 20 kw the system needs 4.39 kg of wood pellets per hour
- 4.39 kg/h running at eight hour = 35.12 kg used per day
- 35.12 kg of pellets per day across a 120 day (4 month) period = 4,214.4 kg
- 4,214.4 kg & $0.5 = $2,191.49 annually
Figures are accurate as of 1st August 2017 and should be used as example only. Excludes – supply, rental and delivery charges, on time payment, member discounts, government subsidies (eg agricultural diesel), and GST.
Australian Hydronic Heating and Cooling can work with you to determine the best heat source for your underfloor system.
For more information on heat sources and running costs please refer to the Hunt Heating Underfloor Heating Guide.